God Love You!
I know I have not posted in forever, but it gets real and busy most of the time and I'm so grateful for it all.
I've had this post on draft for a couple of months and as providence would have it, I get to post about it today - on the Feast of the Immaculate Conception.
Here are some of the highlights Mother Angelica goes into:
- For us to TRY to grasp the wonder of Mary
- The Pieta and the degree of love in that piece
- The awesomeness of our creation and how we're not awe struck at the wonder of God!
- The hunger for God
- The hunger to adore our Lady
- The hunger for Holy Days of Obligation
- Better to die with your boots on, than to have to face the Lord and say "I was too tired"
- Get your soul in order - confession!
- She takes a call about infertility
As I was reading this list, the hunger for Holy Days of Obligation jumped up out at me - the thought that we need to feel obligated to do something at times. How we sense a feeling of love when others expect something from us.
I see it in my daughter, when she asks me if it's seven yet. We have a rule that says "no Ipad after seven." She doesn't watch the Ipad often, but when she does she is somehow comforted in knowing that I have set some rules for her - for her own good.
So if you can, try your hardest to make it to Mass today!