Yes folks, there are some signs that I may be back to my old-self:
- I actually had a salad for lunch today. It was romaine-based greek salad because I still can't stand the thought of a warm spinach salad - but let's focus on the SALAD part!
- I actually feel like making healthy meals
- I actually feel like writing, hence the post
- I actually feel like reading books - i've been a mahjongg addict at night recently
- I feel re-energized to get back on the healthy-eating track. I haven't derailed too much but the food aversions really got to me and anything sugar was my new BFF! I'm really trying to cut down on the sugar now and trying to get my veggie intake up. Thank goodness for banana soft-serve, even the BB loves it and has been known to cry for it (ok, not just the BB) after dinner!
Slowly but surely, I'm getting back to myself - yay!
On to today's Mommy Needs Coffee talk: BFFs!
I read this article recently, Why Moms and Daughters Can Never Really Be Friends, and yes, I'll admit to to watching the Gilmore Girls and hoping my BB and I will have the type of relationship that these two have:
However, as the article points out there may undefined boundaries that need to be determined if you plan to go down that road.
To be honest, I really hope I have the type of relationship that I have with my mom. It took us a while to get there because I was always daddy's girl up until I got married. I mean, I was always just a bit closer to my dad but had a good relationship with both.
After I married and specially now that I have a BB, I found having my mom there has been a true blessing. I'm amazed at all the sacrifices she made for our family and I hope to one day be like her. I know - sappy, but I blame that gene on her (well- dad too).
Every time I hear the BB tell me to "Go!" I just wonder what lies ahead and I just plan on taking it one day at a time. Relationships change and hopefully grow and every time I hear the BB say "Bress you" after I cough, my heart just sinks!
How about you, would you want to be BFFs with your own parents or kids?
Post a Comment