Hello bloggies, I know it's been a long, long time.
I've been very good about being very inconsistent and to tell you the truth, I've been ok with that. Taking it easy on myself has been a very good thing, and opting to sleep or do nothing for that 1-ish hour of free time I get has done wonders.
I can't remember if I mentioned it or not, but there was a BIG BIG project at work that I was lead of. I didn't realize how stressed I got, specially the day of the release. It was like I was back in college and it was the day of a big final. I'm grateful to report things went well, but I'm so glad it's over and done with.
Ya see, I have a little secret (shhh... don't tell)! I've also been battling the first-trimester woes and am barely starting to get some of my energy back. Almost and very slowly, but we're getting there!
That's right, our little family is expecting and we are so grateful to God for this little blessing.
There's just so many emotions and thoughts going on right now and I'm trying to take it easy as I try (or choose not) to process it all.
Some quick thoughts on this pregnancy:
- Different, but similar at the same time - still very, very tired!
- No morning sickness, but many many food aversions (salad cases have gone bye-bye)
- I am hungry ALL.THE.TIME - don't remember that the first time.
- Mommy brain is a live and well, but it led to a later ultra-sound (since I got the dates mixed up on the first) and we got to see the little bb kicking. Oh so blessed!
- I've been wanting to keep it to myself for the most part. Haven't told anyone at work and have had thoughts of seeing how long it takes people to ask the question "Are you pregnant?" (BTW, I think the belly bump is getting there)
- Haven't slept through the night in about a month - I don't remember the night-time bath trips starting so early before.
- I hate to say it, but I am a little scared at this thought: TWO of them.
- My chiropractor and the massage therapists have been a Godsend!
- Coffee, how I've missed thee! I gave it up for the first trimester and am slowly introducing 1 cup every day or so, but man - that was tough. I really do think I was drinking way too much of it though. In fact, for the last self-breast exam I was unable to find the that little bump which caused such a stir a while back. Maybe my body was trying to teach me some things about moderation?
- Speaking of boobs, they are back. It was so sad to see them go after breastfeeding (and they really, really went too).
- Is there a fast forward button?
- Yoga/weights + walking -> it's where it's at! The pool at my gym is still closed and won't open til September. I can make it, I think.
- My BB pointed to my tummy one day and said "Baby". Um, wow!?# Do kids pick up on this stuff?
- I could go on and on, but I said quick so I'll end it here.
Got any little secret's you wish to share? Or maybe some cookies?