Workout: 30 min Conscious Flow? yoga
Yes, I’m still here – taking it day-by-day; and by it – I mean LIFE :)
I’ve had to slow it down and simplify things (or try to) in the last month and I have to admit I’m liking it. The back troubles continue, the chiropractor has been a HUGE help and I’m feeling better but it definitely made me realize I needed to switch up my routine.
Among other things, here’s what I’ve been doing:
- No running, more walking – speed-walking is where it’s at. I split it up throughout the day but I think it adds up.
- No more wedges (or heels) to work. All Birki’s - ALL THE TIME! I know it’s not fashionable, but I figure my back will thank me one day.
- I’m trying to get more sleep (as always) so I’ve given up on the idea of getting up at 5. Instead I’m getting to bed by 10:30 (yay) and wake up at 5:45 to get a good 30-min workout. It feels weird not planning for a full hour, but I still feel the endorphin post-workout rush.
- Prepping for my breakfasts and lunches on Sunday was taking a toll on me, so I’ve learned that
- rice-bowls with frozen veggies make GREAT salad cases for lunch
- my work has some good sushi rolls that I can pair with some spinach for a healthy lunch
- hard-boiled eggs are a breakfast life-saver. You can pair them with so many things, my fave-combo involves hummus in a tortilla – so good!
- opting for some pre-cut veggies sometimes is NOT the end of the world
Realizing that maybe I don’t need to make a batch of my own almond butter(among other things) every weekend has freed up my Sundays.
Can’t complain too much ;)
What are your favorite ways to simplify your life?
Abacus likes it when I go mid-week grocery shopping and bring home some healthy roasted turkey.
Add some roasted asparagus and some whole-wheat mac-n-cheese and you have dinner in < 10 minutes.
But then you may also have to deal with your own counter surfer, so beware!