Sometimes I believe laziness is the mother of all inventions!
Case in point: yesterday's dinner!
The thinking went like this:
- I need to use my Mama's homemade enchilada sauce before it goes bad
- Enchiladas for dinner it is, plus a side of pinto beans
- Man, baked enchiladas sound good - but they're a pain to roll!
- I know, let's make chillaquilles instead!
- Maybe I should forget about the beans, one less pan to wash. No, I need the beans to take some of the heat off.
- I know, let's just add the beans to the chillaquilles.
- An egg sounds good, but not another pan to wash.
- I know, let's try the egg setting on my microwave!
Amazingly, the egg came out ok - that's good to know when in a morning rush :)
Easy + Delicious = Chillaquiles!
- 8 tortillas
- 1 onion
- 1 can beans of your choice
- 2 cups enchilada sauce
- 2 cups cheese
- Saute onions in some olive oil then add cut up tortillas, cook for 10 minutes
- Add the beans, cook for a couple of minutes
- Add the sauce, cook until desired enchilada thickness
Okay, flipping to Marley + Me and getting the last scene with Marley is just plain wrong!
Off to find something more uplifting and to finish making the rice pudding for tomorrow's pot luck breakfast!