Workout: 20 minute walk – weak to the max!
To goal or not to goal?
That is the million dollar question.
You see, I’m kind of in my own definition of a stalemate. When I started off on my post-baby weight-loss journey, I didn’t want to make it too much about the actual weight. I wanted to be healthy, active and get down to my “weight” before I even got pregnant. Well, I’m there :)
I know I’m no Giselle, but I’m pretty happy where I am right now. My old clothes are fitting me pretty well, I almost can’t believe it. Sure, I could try to loose those elusive 5 pounds but the question is do I really want to?
Exercise-wise, I also managed to run the half. Terrible time, but I finished. I’m as slow as molasses in general, but I’m pretty happy with running 10-11 minute miles. Lately, I’ve been trying to see if I could work on getting faster but I haven’t committed to anything yet.
Can I use the power of the force to win this?
I need to figure out where I go from here. I do know the following:
- I want to live a healthy lifestyle
- I want to keep running (a smile on my face as I write this – I love it)
- I want to focus on good nutrition for me and my family
- I want to maintain my current weight
- I want to get more toned
- I want to be a good fitness example for my daughter so I can keep up with her in t-? days when she’ll be giving me a whirlwind of a workout!
I don’t know if I really want to sign-up for the following:
- Loose those previously ELUSIVE 5 lbs
- Set a specific goal for the next race I sign up for, which may be as early as next Sunday. (We’re thinking about running the ‘Defy the Ban’ World’s fastest 10K)
- Actually follow a training plan for above-mentioned goal.
I’ll be thinking this over during the week, taking my time since there’s no real big rush.
How do you all handle goal-setting?
Is it better to make more general over-arching goals or more defined ones?
What are some goals you’re working on?
Off to relax :)