Workout: 2.25 miles in 20:30 (I think)
I almost slept in again, almost. I was so close, it was 5:30 and I was going to hit snooze for the 3rd time. I decided to just get up and run what I could in the 20 minutes or so I had.
Running was glorious!
I went fast (for me) again and even managed to run a 9 minute mile. Where did that come from? It was fun :)
So on to my little thing for today: Conan vs. My Bullet? I couldn’t decide so I’m writing about both.
On one hand, I’ve been Team Coco. How can you not be for a man who can rock jeggings like no other!
On the other hand, it’s my blender: The Bullet! It’s magic :)
Still, I use it for practically everything:
- pureeing baby food
- blending rice/oatmeal for my Bebe’s cereal
- grinding coffee beans
- making serious smoothies
- making flavored water (bananas, watermelon, cucumber)
- last but not least: making nut butter!!!
After reading different blogs on the ease of making nut butter, I contemplated getting a new food processor. I’m so glad I gave the Bullet a try, cause it did not disappoint!
A simple mix of pecans & coconut and I was speechless. This could get dangerous up in here, up in here!
Before I go into pecan-butter induced comma, I thought I’d share this little gem:
Salmon, Sausage & Brussels Sprouts Stir-Fry
- 1 purple onion
- Roasted brussel sprouts tossed in olive oil in oven (35-40min in convection oven)
- 1/2 Jimmy Dean Maple Sausage loaf
- 1 can salmon
- Stir-fry a purple onion
- Add 1/2 bar of a Jimmy Dean Maple Sausage loaf
- Cook until onion has caramelized and sausage is fully cooked
- Add the can of salmon
- Serve over brown rice and brussel sprouts
- Enjoy :)
I was pretty surprised, it was so yummy and easy to make. Score!
What did you guys have for dinner? Any crazy combos out there?
Any Team Coco fans out there?
Is there a kitchen appliance that you can’t live without?