Is it potatos or potatoes? Yay for spell checker, it seems I got my answer.
Boo for baby meltdowns! Baby Brielle had one a couple of hours ago. She missed her 2pm nap and was a cranky pants by 3:30. I managed to get her to nap, but she woke up CRYING her little heart out. I knew she was tired, and it took me about 10 minutes (or eternity) before she calmed down. Then she took an hour and a half nap and all is good at our casa now.
I hate baby meltdowns, I feel so powerless. This time going into the bathroom and rocking her in front of the mirror seemed to work. Anyone know any good tips to calm them down?
After she was sleeping, I started dinner. If you google “ground beef sweet potatoes cream” you’ll get some good looking scalloped potatoes recipes. However, I didn’t feel like using the oven tonight since I was a-hungry and I felt like some soup.
I’m so glad I did!
I even got a “really good” reaction from my Hubby.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 5 small garlic cloves
- 1 lb ground beef – the leanest you can get
- 3 – 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 c Whole wheat rotini
- Cook the sweet potatoes in the microwave and then peel the skins off after they’re cool.
- Finely chop the onions and celery and stir fry in the pot with some of the chicken broth.
- Add the ground beef and cook until done. I kept adding chicken broth as needed.
- Add the sweet potatoes and use a potato masher to break them up.
- Keep adding chicken broth as needed.
- Add the heavy cream
- Add salt & pepper to taste
- Add the cooked whole wheat rotini and stir
- ENJOY :)
This was really good and I’m looking forward to the leftovers. I was going to make it with brown rice, but was too impatient so the pasta worked out just right.
To add to my veggie count, I cooked the asparagus in the microwave and had it on the side with some whole-wheat bread.
Off to enjoy the Golden Globes!
Please don’t tell me shoulder pads are making a comeback! Are they? Noooo!