That’s right, we had a party at 4 AM. Well, not so much a party. More like quiet time as me and my bebe just looked at each other. Then she’d wiggle and say something, then she would just look again. Then, she finally went back to sleep around 5:45. An hour after I was supposed to wake up and do my insanity video.
So, what was I to do? I got up, got ready and jumped on my treadmill. I’m so glad we have one of those! I was able to get 3 miles in, get ready in 20 minutes and only about 10 minutes late to work. I left late yesterday, so I guess it evens out. I felt so much better throughout the day, although people kept telling me how tired I looked. Oh well, I got my run in :)
I prepped tonight’s dinner yesterday. I barely found out about this recipe about a year ago and I keep forgetting to make it more often. It’s so friggin easy!
Shrimp Ramen Salad
For the salad I used:
- 1/2 cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup green onions, shredded
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 2 cups frozen shrimp
- 2 packets ramen noodles
- 2 T sesame seeds
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1 t sesame oil
- 3 t sugar
- Mix the dressing and add it to a container with the cabbage and frozen veggies. Mix them together and store in the fridge overnight.
- About an hour before you’re ready for dinner, crumple up the ramen noodles and add them to the rest of the veggies. You can also add the seasoning packets that come with the ramen noodles for some extra flavor!
- Add the thawed shrimp, green onions, carrots, cilantro and stir.
- Add sesame seeds and toss everything together.
- Enjoy :)
I love no cook meals that you can make with any veggies you may have in your fridge. I actually forgot to add the sesame seeds, bummer! I’ll make up for it tomorrow at lunchtime. Yum yum :)
I am off to lounge and do nothing else for the rest of the night.
I am tired!